It’s the start of the work week again, and I hope you’re not feeling that aversion to Monday. In case you are (or even if you aren’t), here are some paid iOS apps to perk you up.
Paid iOS apps gone free
Puzzle game lovers, this is for you.
Balance HD puts a new spin on the classic labyrinth game genre by eliminating the frustration of falling through holes and putting the emphasis on multi-ball coordination on 100+ levels with creative puzzles.
• Multiple balls to control, no holes to fall through
• Realistic 3D labyrinth levels with shadows
• 100+ levels
• Puzzles of great variety
• Sharing of replayable world and national records on each level
• Simple sharing of video replays via Everyplay
• Global and national leaderboards
• Nations Cup: race for your own country with your local friends!
• Daily progress visualization
• Game Center integration
• Awards for your achievements
• Original soundtracks to get you in the right mood
GET IT HERE
Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project
Duke Nukem for free. There really isn’t much need to convince you to download it, right?
Originally released to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Duke Nukem in 2002, Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project blends together the best elements of Duke Nukem 3D and the best 2D sidescrolling of the first two games in the series, Duke Nukem and Duke Nukem II.
Celebrate Duke Nukem’s 20th anniversary in sunshade-wearing, quick-quipping style with a title that – alongside the re-release of Duke’s first two adventures – recognizes a series that’s had a tremendous impact on an entire industry, and represents the best of Duke in a way that no other game could.
GET IT HERE
Sometimes, the simpler the gameplay, the simpler the graphics, the more fun you have. That’s the case with Wrestle Jump where all you need is one device and another player to go at it.
Wrestle Jump features:
• TWO PLAYERS on a single device
• Easy to learn ONE BUTTON CONTROLS
• Super fun PARTY GAME for all ages
• Simple but ADDICTIVE gameplay
• Lots of CRAZY LEVELS including slippery ice levels
• ENDLESS MODE for those who just can’t get enough
• WIND feature for more variety
• Record, watch and share REPLAYS
• LOW GRAVITY for the astronaut trainees
• Challenging SINGLE PLAYER MODE
• No In-App Purchases
GET IT HERE
A Dark Room
A Dark Room is a game like no other, which provides an immersive experience that is difficult to escape from.
It has received rave reviews from some of the biggest media outlets:
“The game creates an enthralling parallax effect that can keep devoted players dosed, for hours, on the pleasurable sense of immersion…” – The New Yorker
“A Dark Room will blow you away with its evolving depth and variety. It’s exciting to discover something so unique and refreshing on the App Store. 5 stars” – Cult of Mac
“These are the twists you’ll find in the corners of “A Dark Room” — a game that’s always unpredictable and always intriguing.” – Huffington Post
GET IT HERE
Zombify – Turn yourself into a Zombie
Zombie lover? Turn your face into a rotting walker’s mug. Want to gross others out? Zombify your face, and share the photo.
The app has more than that, though.
– Tons of gruesome mouth & eye options
– Lodge crossbow bolts, crowbars and other weapons in your zombie faces
– Add creepy creatures to your corpses… Snakes, roaches, maggots… oh my!
– Pick image filters to get just the right grunge factor for videos and photos
– Change environments to Underwater, Subway, buried and more!
INFECT FRIENDS & SPREAD THE ZOMBIE VIRUS:
– Bite your friends by sharing and actually see how many people you infect with the Zombie contagion!
– Easily share photos and videos with MMS, Whatsapp, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Flickr, and Email (+gmail).
– “Biting” and “Infecting” friends also unlocks special effects and weapons.
3D ANIMATIONS & EVENTS:
– From dangling eyeballs to moving maggots, you’ll scare the pants off your friends with Zombify’s realistic, effects and animation.
– Shock, burn, blast and drown your zombies and export videos that are scarier than horror films!
– Animated weapons, environments, and crawling creatures amp up the scare factor.
Just in time for Halloween.