Have you ever broken the screen of your iPhone? Or have you experienced when your screen started malfunctioning and you can’t get to a mobile phone repair service or do anything to fix it? There can be a lot of reasons why your screen suddenly stopped functioning aside from dropping your phone. The common practice when this happens is to restart your iPhone or just simply turn it off.
Usually, you turn off your iPhone by long-pressing the Lock/Unlock button at the right side of your device. Your screen should prompt you with a Slide to Power Off slider. You would have to use your screen to slide the toggle to finally turn off your iPhone. In addition, getting online assignment help will help you write a paper if you have any issue with a screen. So what if you can’t use the screen to turn off your iPhone because it’s broken? By the way, if you want to learn more about smartphone software development, Thoughtsoncloud is a great place to start.
How to Turn Off iPhone Without Screen (with Home Button)
Apple has thought about this possible situation and designed their iPhones considering this. There are two ways to turn off your iPhone without a touch screen, depending on the iPhone model you own. You will find some smart uses of the iPhone in your business progress from smartbusinessdaily. If you’re using an iPhone that still has a Home button, here are the steps to take to turn off your iPhone without using your touch screen:
- Press and hold the Lock/Unlock button located either at the top or on the right side of your iPhone. The location of this button depends on the model of your iPhone.
- Simultaneously, press and hold the Home button located below the screen of your iPhone. Both buttons should be long-pressed and held at the same time.
- After a few seconds, your iPhone screen should turn off. Once the screen shuts down, release the two buttons. Continuing to hold them down when the screen has already shut off will reset your iPhone.
How to Turn Off iPhone Without Screen (without Home Button)
Now, what if the iPhone you’re currently using doesn’t have the Home button anymore? Don’t worry, there is another way to turn off your iPhone without using the touch screen.
There are various reasons why your screen may stop responding such as faulty updates and crashing apps. Your screen may also just be broken. If you find yourself in this situation, here are the steps to take to turn off your iPhone without using the touch screen:
- Press and release the Volume Up button. Do not long-press or hold the button.
- Do the same to the Volume Down button. Press and immediately release.
- Press and hold the Lock/Unlock button until your iPhone screen turns off, turns on, and shuts off again. Once the Apple logo disappears from the screen for the second time, release the Lock/Unlock button.
How to Turn Off iPhone Without Using Any Buttons
It is also possible for your screen to work fine but for your buttons to stop working. If such an issue arises, there is another way to turn off your iPhone without using any buttons on your device. Follow these steps to turn off your iPhone using just your screen:
- Open the Settings app and select General.
- At the bottom of the list, you should find and select the Shut Down option. This will prompt the screen to show the Slide to Power Off slider.
- Simply slide the slide to finally turn off your iPhone.
And there you have it! These are the many ways you can turn off your iPhone when your screen stops working or breaks. Of course, it’s a given that you’re supposed to take good care of your devices to prevent any issues and to prolong its lifespan. However, it’s also understandable that there are some situations beyond your control that can affect the overall integrity of your iPhone. Hopefully, this post has helped you with this iPhone issue.