Well, you’ve all heard the rumors, and now it’s official: Apple has refreshed their lineup just in time for fall, and what a deal it is. Let’s hit the high points.
- 21.5 and 27 inch models, both in 16:9 ratios
- Up to 2 tb of storage and 16 gb of ram
- Available quad core 2.66 model
- Base models with 3.06 Intel Core 2 Duo
- Magic Mouse and bluetooth keyboard standard
- SD card slot
- 2.26 Intel Core 2 Duo
- Same plastic case, but now it’s unibody construction like the aluminum MBPs
- 250 gb hard drive and up to 4 gb of ram
- Available as server config with 2.53 Intel Core 2 Duo, Snow Leopard Server, and dual 500 gb drives
- Up to 500 gb of hard drive space available
- Multi touch controls like the MBPs
- Laser sensor
- 4 month battery life via bluetooth
- $69 price point
- New Design
- No longer included with iMacs or MBPs
There are a few other notes here, like bigger antennas in the Airport Express and Time Capsule, but the big news of the day is those new iMacs. With lots of power on tap, and a widescreen display, they’re built for designers. Plus, the mammoth storage capabilities aren’t too shabby either.
Big day for Apple, folks. Time to bust out those credit cards.