Starting your business, you want to stand out and have a memorable company name. The Turbologo name generator will help with this!
The name of a brand or company is one of the tools for promoting your product or service on the market. Therefore, the success of the product depends on the naming of the company. After all, consumers remember not so much the product itself, but the name of the product and the company. Now there are a lot of opportunities to search for a name for your company. In this article we want to tell you more and share how to come up with a cool, catchy name that consumers will remember.
Ways to come up with a company name
1) By the name of the founder – the easiest way is to call the company by the name or surname of the founder of the company. An easy way, but there is no information about the product from the company name. You will have to additionally give brief information about the services or about the product. Examples of cars Ford McDonald’s, Procter & Gamble and others.
2) Alliteration is an interesting way to name a company. It is meant to be memorable thanks to the rhyme and similar words in the title. There are many examples of world brands formed in this way, for example, Coca-Cola, M&M’s, Chupa–Chups, Shake’n’BAKE. An interesting fact is that Motorola is also included in alliteration. It is formed from two words “motor” and “Ola”, which made it memorable and easy to pronounce.
3) Combining words – catches new words formed due to different parts of the word. In this case, it is necessary to monitor and make sure that it does not have a negative subtext and does not sound like an insult.
4) Allusion (hint or reference) is a method of naming by anology. Historical parallels or catch phrases are often used.
5) Analogy method – memorizing the name of the company due to adaptation and correlation with something known. Something similar to an allusion. Example: Red Bull, Puma and others.
6) The name of the Abbreviation or abbreviation of words – when the company name is very long, an abbreviation or abbreviation of words will help you out. It sounds catchy and unusual. The most high-profile examples are IKEA (Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd), BMW (Bayerische Motoren Werke AG)
7) Metonymy is a method of naming when a word that is close in meaning or understanding is used. Unlike a metaphor, it does not provide for any similarity. A vivid example of Starbucks many mistakenly think that the words “Star” and “Bucks” money are involved here. In fact, the founder of the coffee chain was a fan of the book “Moby Dick” and the hero of this book Starbuck loved coffee. Also, the mermaid logo is taken from the same book.
8) Onomatopoeia is an interesting way of naming a company. It is often used in children’s goods. Also an example is the well–known carbonated drink Schweppes – like the hiss when opening an overdose and the social network Twitter – transmits the sound of birds chirping.
9) The name is a riddle – designed to intrigue the consumer with its secret meaning of the name. Although many do not even delve into the origin of naming companies. Words unrelated to the product or with the meaning of the name are more often used. An example of Nivea is translated from Latin “snow-white”.
10) And now the easiest way of naming is to use special programs and a generator in coming up with the name of the company. The Turbo Name Generator is a convenient and intuitive tool for creating a name and brand. The program itself will offer you options for names based on your preferences. You need to choose a category and business direction on the website.
In this article, we have given you the options and ways of naming the company and we are sure that they will be useful to you. The most important thing in the names is:
– should be easy to remember;
– come up with the name as clear as possible;
– should be easy to pronounce.
With this knowledge, you will have a thriving company.