If you’re switching to the Mac, there are some basic things that you’re going to want to take with you. Our Switcher Quicktip series is designed to help make this as easy as possible for you. Do you have a question about switching you’d like answered? Contact Us and let us know! I might just make it the next Switcher Quicktip.
One of the first Switcher questions I’ve been asked is how you export your Bookmarks from IE and get them over to Safari. It’s actually pretty easy.
On your Windows machine open IE and follow these steps:
- On the File menu, click Import and Export, and then click Next.
- Click Export Favorites and then click Next.
- Click Favorites and then click Next.
- Type the name of the file that you want to export the favorites to. By default, the export file is named Bookmark.htm.
- Click Next and then click Finish.
Now, take that .htm file an either email it to your web-based email, or save it on a jumpdrive. Or just move it over to your Mac if you have them networked.
However you move the file over, move it over to your Mac, then launch Safari.
Now follow the following steps:
- On the File Menu select Import Bookmarks
- Select the file
- BOOM – your bookmarks are now in Safari
They will appear as Imported Bookmarks under your Bookmarks Bar.Â You can open the Bookmarks Bar Manager by clicking on the open book on the Bookmarks Bar.Â Once there you can move them around however you would like them to be organized.