Last night Google’s much hyped update to their Google Mobile App which features an advanced voice search that is supposed to be incredibly accurate. So, after downloading the update, I decided to look around my office and put it to the test.
I tried 10 times to get the App to search for what I was asking for – and here are the results.
1) 47 US Dollars in Euros – Worked – but didn’t do the currency converstion for me, so I tried again.
2) 47 dollars in euros – Worked – and gave me the currency conversion with me having to type in a thing.
3) blogging for dummies – worked
4) Buffy the Vampire Slayer – worked
5) Diet Mountain Dew – Didn’t work – instead it gave me “diagnostic”
6) Diet Mountain Dew – worked – this time a spoke a little slower and it worked just fine.
7) Godzilla Movies – worked – and it even spelled godzilla right.
8) office chairs – worked
9) apple.com – worked
10) The Complete Works of William Shakespeare – worked.
I was really impressed how accurate this was. I didn’t expect it to work this well because…well…voice apps usually don’t. It was really great. If you haven’t downloaded this app yet – give it a shot. It’s free…and it’s awesome.