Looking for a new protective hairstyle for your natural hair? Have you considered Pop Smoke Braids? They are one of the hottest new looks for braided hairstyles. In the following article, we shall discuss the benefits of pop smoke braids as well as a guided tutorial. Keep reading to see if this trendy style is right for you.
What are Pop Smoke Braids?
Braided hairstyles are always in fashion and lately, there seem to be many new emerging looks for braids. One of the most trending looks currently is pop smoke braids.
Made famous by late rap star, Pop Smoke, this braided hairstyle is a unisex style that has become mainstream in recent years.
One of the best things about Pop Smoke braids is that they are extremely versatile. You can sport this style in updos and other fun looks. Not to mention that the style itself is not time consuming and can last for a good amount of time. If properly cared for, Pop Smoke braids can last as long as four to six weeks.
What makes Pop Smoke braids stand apart from other braids is the stitched-in knots that are enhanced by a middle part. Typically, this look has two Pop Smoke braids on each side of your head, but you can make this look your own by adding as many braids and variations as you want.
Pop Smoke Braids: Step-By-Step Tutorial
Step 1: Apply leave-in conditioner or detangler to your hair. Make sure there are no knots or tangles before you start.
Step 2: Section your evenly in the middle.
Step 3: Separate each section of hair into equal parts depending on how many braids you want on each side.
Step 4: Begin by French braiding the first section (Cross the outer sections over the mid-section, etc). Repeat for each desired Pop Smoke braid. If you wish to play around with the length, implement additional braiding hair into your braids
- Bonus Tip 1: If you want different size braids, use smaller or larger amounts of braiding hair in each braid for a unique look.
- Bonus Tip 2: For more volume, pull gently on the sides of the braid.
Step 5: Secure the ends with elastics that match your hair color.
Advice for Styling and Maintaining Pop Smoke Braids
- Apply a leave-in conditioner the night before braiding your hair.
- Gently comb through your hair to remove tangles right before you begin braiding your hair.
- Mix in other styles of braids such as box braids for fun and a textured vibe.
- Use different color hair extensions for a burst of color and added dimension.
- Use edge control on your ends and leave-in conditioner daily to keep your hair hydrated.
- Sleep on satin or silk pillowcases to help protect your hair and prevent breakage.
- Use scissors to trim away excess hair or flyaways.
- Wear a satin headscarf to bed for added protection.
Pop Smoke braids are ideal to protect your hair against sun, wind, and water damage. As well, this style is versatile and can be worn at any event, from formal to casual. And with so many options for styles, you can experiment with different looks to mix it up.
Now that you have an idea of how to achieve this look, check out some of the hottest trends for Pop Smoke braids.
Popular Pop Smoke Braid Styles
- Criss Cross Pop Smoke Braids
- Zig Zag Pop Smoke Braids
- Layered Pop Smoke Braids
- Stepped Layered Pop Smoke Braids
- Beaded Pop Smoke Braids
- Asymmetrical Pop Smoke Braids
- Colorful Pop Smoke Braids
- Curly Pop Smoke Braids
- Short and Sweet Pop Smoke Braids
- Jumbo Pop Smoke Braids
- Glamour Pop Smoke Braids with Jewels or Rings
- Micro Pop Smoke Braids
- Extra Long Pop Smoke Braids
- Thick Pop Smoke Braids with Ribbons
- Braided half-updo with Pop Smoke Braids
- Pigtails with Pop Smoke Braids
- Pop Smoke Braid Space Buns
Are you ready to go for this hot look for natural hair? Even if you are not skilled at braiding, you can still rock Pop Smoke braids. Consult your hairstylist or favorite braiding salon to find the protective hairstyle or braid that works best for your lifestyle and natural hair!