The miniaturization of the medical devices has been the recent trend in the medicine domain. With non-invasive surgeries gaining recognition, the micro coils industry is also moving towards a stronger revolution. The micro coil devices are mostly centered around seamless surgeries, thus enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of the same. The demand for the medical devices has led to an increase in the custom coils being designed. The custom coils are manufactured as per the device requirement – thus leading to an improved device performance. The integration of the micro coils with the devices become quite restricting – and this is where new technologies are to be discovered.
Let us find out the challenges posed by micro-coil integration as such.
Integration using Micro Coils: A challenge worth reckoning.
Integrating the micro coils with the devices and with each other can be quite frustrating. The size of the micro coil is very thin – thinner than the human hair. This results in the following problems:
- Soldering is met with the challenge of oxidation of the micro coil. It leads to a change in the micro coil’s chemical properties, thus leading to reduction in the device safety.
- As the size of the coil is thinner than the human hair, heat treatment will lead to melting of the coil. Often, this results in failure of the integration.
- Reduction in the durability of the micro coil is something very concerning; especially if it is undergoing heat treatment for integration.
With the above limitations in place, it is crucial to find a solution to it. And, this is where thermo-pressure bonding comes into play.
Thermo-Pressure Bonding as an alternative to Micro Coil integration
As we discussed, the integration of the micro coils with the devices can be very challenging. Thermo pressure bonding is the right solution if you’re looking for you to improve micro coil performance. Soldering of the micro coil takes place at very high temperature and pressure without bringing any changes in the chemical property of the substance.
It works on the principle of molecular bonding thus, the reliability, durability and performance of the coil is improved. It results in a reduction in terms of the strain that the coil and also sees a large amount of operational expenses.
Eventually to improve the performance of the micro-coil devices thus letting you make the best out of the device miniaturization.
Mass production has become simpler. Since the performance of the micro coil devices has improved and integration has become so much simpler compared to the soldering methods. While going ahead with thermo pressure bonding there are three points that need to be taken care:
- The Dimensions of both the micro-coils should be the same.
- Quality of both the micro coils should be similar.
- Both dimension and quality of both the micro coils should be similar.
The growth of medical devices made it quite trendy and that the use of micro coils are going to increase with the coming time.The shift is very positive and this is where there is an improvement of technology that has made it simpler to make micro coil devices.