Now, let me say right now – this is SPECULATION – I am not claiming, nor pretending, that these things are going to happen. This is just what I think based on what I’ve read, seen, and expect.
I can’t wait to hear what you think about this, and I hope we can have a discussion about these predictions. I think Multi-touch is the absolute future of interacting with our computers, and these are 5 ways I think Apple is going to utilize the new technology this year.
1) One of Leopard’s “Big” Top Secret feature will be Multi-touch – Jobs made some very interesting statements when he introduced Multi-touch for the iPhone at the Keynote. Making sure to compare Multi-touch to both the click-wheel, and the mouse. I think the mouse comparison is important, because I believe Multi-touch is the biggest thing to come out of the Keynote. Multi-touch will change the way we interact with computers, and I think Leopard is going to utilize Multi-touch. Which brings me to…
2) Multi-touch enable Apple Displays – I don’t honestly think Multi-touch is going to replace the mouse over night, but I do think that when we see the newest versions of the Apple displays they will have iSight cameras built right in, and one (very expensive) model will be Multi-touch enabled, allowing you to work directly on screen, and taking full advantage of the Multi-touch features.
3) Multi-touch Macbook Pros – Will we ever see the tablet Mac some of us dream about? Not from Apple…but I do think we’ll see the swivel design of a Tablet Notebook PC used on a Multi-touch enabled Macbook Pro this year.
4) Multi-touch Pads – An alternative to the mouse, a Multi-touch pad will be similar to a Wacom tablet, but allowing you to use your finger(s) instead of a pen. It will be far more precise than the touch pads on current notebooks, and will be available as a mouse-like stand alone product, and on all Macbook Pros.
5) Ultra Portable Multi-touch iMac – I’ve said it before, the iMac is almost portable now…the next generation model will be ultra-portable, and feature a mult-touch enabled screen allowing you to take it around the house and finally…FINALLY..surf the ‘net at full capacity while you’re on the can.
So what do you think? On a scale of 1 to 10, how crazy am I?