Fire up the ol’ Software Update, because 10.6.3 has been seeded to Snow Leopard users. What does it include? Apparently everything except for a new Smart Car.
The 10.6.3 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes that:
- improve the reliability and compatibility of QuickTime X
- address compatibility issues with OpenGL-based applications
- address an issue that causes background message colors to display incorrectly in Mail
- resolve an issue that prevented files with the # or & characters in their names from opening in Rosetta applications
- resolve an issue that prevented files from copying to Windows file servers
- improve performance of Logic Pro 9 and Main Stage 2 when running in 64-bit mode
- improve sleep and wake reliability when using Bonjour wake on demand
- address a color issue in iMovie with HD content
- improve printing reliability
- resolve issues with recurring events in iCal when connected to an Exchange server
- improve the reliability of 3rd party USB input devices
- fix glowing, stuck, or dark pixels when viewing video from the iMac (Late 2009) built-in iSight cameraFor detailed information on this update, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT4014.For information on the security content of this update, please visit: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.
Well, Jeez that’s a lot. This does actually solve quite a few problems that I’ve been having on my computers. The Mail fix is helpful, as is the Quicktime update, because for some reason I couldn’t see an video online today that was done in QT, and since the update, it works. Also I have this USB stick that’s never worked on my computer, but now it’s good to go.
If you’re on Snow Leopard, go ahead and download away. Let us know of any problems/concerns if you run into them.