Faster, Brighter Mac Book Pros coming This Month?


Apple Gazette has received a tip that Apple’s Macbook Pros will be getting a processor upgrade at the end of the month. Our tipster indicated that the 2.33ghz models will be bumped up to 2.66ghz by the end of February.

Late last month, Apple Insider reported that Apple would soon update the displays of the 15 inch Macbook Pro line with new LED technology that would make the screens brighter, and the battery life better. Now, the AI article indicated a second quarter launch for these brighter devices, but it would make little sense to upgrade the processors, then update the screens a few weeks later, so we’re assuming that this time table has been moved forward.

If these two stories prove true, then that would seem to indicate that there may be more validity to Apple Recon’s recent report of a Feb. 20th event than I originally thought.

We’ll keep you posted.

Kokou Adzo

Kokou Adzo is a stalwart in the tech journalism community, has been chronicling the ever-evolving world of Apple products and innovations for over a decade. As a Senior Author at Apple Gazette, Kokou combines a deep passion for technology with an innate ability to translate complex tech jargon into relatable insights for everyday users.


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  1. Wow. Thanks for the heads up. I happen to stumble upon this blog while I was looking for a wordpress designer (designdisease) and was seriously considering purchasing a Macbook Pro this week. I’ll make sure to check in and see what eventually happens before this. Any news on when the OS X Leopard will be released?

  2. Why is something about the Macbook pro accompanied by an image of the Macbook? I’m confused, which do you mean?


  3. I too am soon going to be purchasing a Macbook pro. I am going to wait for them to ship standard with leopard because my need is not urgent and I realize that it is exciting when the models are updated, but there will always be cooler and better technology coming out and I always feel like I should wait for the upgrade to buy, but by that time there is another one rumored/scheduled and so I still do not own one. It is a perpetual conundrum.