If you have both an iPhone and a Mac, then you know that transferring photos and files is a breeze with these two. You can simply send them through AirDrop and voila! If you need those documents in a flash drive, then you can just plug the flash drive (with an adapter, of course) into your Mac and transfer from there.
However, if you have an iPhone but don’t own a Mac or just don’t have access to one at the moment, transferring files to a flash drive takes a few more steps and is not as quick. There are many ways for you to transfer photos from your iPhone to a flash drive. You can either directly transfer them on Windows through an app or through other, more tedious methods. Any way you like it, you can still get the job done. It’s just a matter of ease and convenience.
The most convenient way to do it is to use a third-party app to transfer your photos. This app allows you to transfer straight from your iPhone to a flash drive without having to make two transfers. One of the most popular apps of this kind is the Dr. Fone Phone Manager app for iOS. You can use this app to transfer not just your photos but also other types of documents and even music files. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the official website of Dr. Fone and download the app on your Windows computer.
- After the download is complete, make sure to install the app.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer through a USB cable.
- Open the app on your computer after plugging in your iPhone. The main window of the app should be able to detect and display your iPhone.
- After this connection has been established, plug your flash drive into your computer. Make sure that it has enough memory space and is free from any virus.
- At the main window of the app, select “Photos.” This should show you the many folders saved on your iPhone such as “Camera Roll” and “Photo Library.”
- Choose the folder or the photos that you wish to transfer from your iPhone to your flash drive.
- After you’ve selected all the photos you want to transfer, select “Export” and choose the “Export to PC” option located at the top bar of the window.
- Another window will open prompting you to select the destination folder. Choose your flash drive and click on “Open.” This should start the transfer process from your iPhone to your flash drive.
- Once you’re done with the transfer, you can delete the photos from your iPhone to free up memory space. You can also just leave them there if you wish.
Now, the above method may sound like you have to do a lot. However, this is only if it’s your first time using the app or there are only specific photos that you wish to transfer. If there’s an entire photo album that you want to send to your flash drive through the app, there’s a quick and easy way to do it using the app. Simply choose the photo album you want to transfer and right-click to open a drop-down menu. Select “Export to PC” and choose your flash drive from the list. Click on “Open” and it should start transferring right away!
If you don’t want to use any third-party apps to transfer your photos from your iPhone to your flash drive, that’s okay, too. You just have to transfer these files twice, which may take a longer time as compared to using the app. You can transfer either through e-mail, which may be limiting considering the allowed memory size per e-mail or through your Windows desktop.
Here’s how to transfer photos via e-mail (for wireless transfer):
- Using your iPhone, open your Photos app.
- Select the photos that you wish to transfer to your flash drive. You can do this by tapping on “Select” located at the upper right corner of your iPhone screen.
- Do note that you can send only up to five photos per e-mail. After choosing photos, tap on the pop-up menu logo located at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Tap on “Share” and select “Mail.” This will prompt your Mail app to open a new message window. The message already contains the pre-selected photos.
- Enter the e-mail address and subject line and press “Send.”
- Open the e-mail on your Windows computer and download the photos to your Downloads folder.
- You can copy or move the photos from your Downloads folder to your flash drive that’s plugged into your computer.
On the other hand, here’s how to transfer photos via your Windows desktop (for wired transfer):
- Plug your iPhone into your desktop. Select the photos you wish to transfer and copy them to your desktop.
- Copy or move the photos from your desktop to your flash drive that’s plugged into your computer.