Apple Watch has become one of the best-selling devices of Apple to date. And who can blame people from getting one? Not only does Apple Watch’s design look sleek, but it’s also packed with tons of features that you can use every day. If you’ve just purchased an Apple Watch, the first thing that you should do is to set it up and pair it with your iPhone.
One thing to take note of before you set it up is the iPhone model that you have on hand. To be able to pair your phone with your Apple Watch Series 1 or later, you must have at least have an iPhone 6S updated to iOS 13 or later. Both devices have setup assistants designed to help with the setting up and pairing of your Apple Watch.
How to Set Up and Pair Apple Watch to Your iPhone
- You will find a button located on the right side of your Apple Watch. Press and hold this button until the Apple logo appears on the screen. You have now turned on your Apple Watch.
- Place your iPhone somewhere close to your Apple Watch. The Apple Watch pairing screen should appear on your iPhone after a few seconds. Select “Continue.” You can also just open your iPhone and select the Apple Watch App. Once it opens, select “Pair New Watch.”
- A prompt will appear on your iPhone screen telling you to place your iPhone in such a way that your Apple Watch will show in the viewfinder on your phone. Once it appears, the two devices will begin to pair up.
- Select “Set Up Apple Watch” on your iPhone screen. Simply follow the instructions indicated on both devices to finish setting up.
Show your dad you care by getting him the perfect gift now!
As your Apple Watch pairs to a new iPhone, it also shows tips on how to use it and maximize its features. You can also begin the activation of cellular service on your Apple Watch while setting it up. If you do wish to activate the cellular service in your Apple Watch, you should know that the paired devices should use the same cellular carrier.
How to Pair Another Apple Watch to Your iPhone
Yes, you can pair more than one Apple Watch to your iPhone! The pairing procedure is just the same as the first Apple Watch. Just place your iPhone close to the new Apple Watch and the Apple Watch pairing screen will prompt in your iPhone. Just select “Pair” and you’re good to go. An alternative would be to take these steps:
- Using your iPhone, select and open the Apple Watch app.
- Choose “My Watch,” then at the top of the screen, you will find and select your new Apple Watch.
- Select “Pair New Watch,” which will prompt the screen to show a guide on how to pair the new device. Simply follow the instructions until your new Apple Watch has been paired with your iPhone.
How to Unpair Apple Watch from Your Old iPhone
If you’re getting a new iPhone and wish to unpair your Apple Watch from your old iPhone, here are the basic steps on how to do it:
- Using your old iPhone, select and open the Apple Watch app.
- Choose “My Watch,” then at the top of the screen, you will find and select your Apple Watch.
- Beside the Apple Watch that you wish to unpair is the information logo. Tap on this logo and select “Unpair Apple Watch.” This should unpair your Apple Watch from your old iPhone.
How to Pair Apple Watch to Your New iPhone
Speaking of getting a new iPhone, you should remember to back up your data first before making the switch. Here are the steps on how to properly do it:
- Back up your old iPhone by using your iCloud Backup. Simply take a look at the iPhone User Guide to know more about how this works.
- Once everything has been backed up, you can now begin setting up your new iPhone. When you turn on your new iPhone, you will reach the Apps & Data screen. Select the option to restore your data from an iCloud backup.
- Choose the latest backed up data option. Make sure that your new iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network so the restoration will go smoothly.
- After setting up your new iPhone, a prompt will show up to pair your Apple Watch to your new iPhone. The same prompt will appear on your Apple Watch. Simply select “OK” to proceed.
- Enter your passcode and you’re done. You’ve successfully paired your Apple Watch to your new iPhone.
There are so many things that you can do with your Apple Watch. Having it synced with your iPhone just elevates the Apple Watch experience. After pairing your Apple Watch to your iPhone, you can now enjoy and get the most out of its features.
College Student? We have awesome news! You can save 25% on backpacks, iPad cases, and more at Targus.com.