Well, Apple just finished it’s iPhone 4 presser. It started off a little bit like breaking up with an old girlfriend – “It’s not you, it’s me.” – and ended with some positive news. Here’s the stats and highlights:
- All smartphones has this problem, including Android and Blackberry
- .55% of users called AppleCare to complain about the signal strength
- Return rates down 1/3 when compared to 3GS
- Drops less than 1 call per 100 when compared to 3GS
- Jobs’ theory: 3GS had this problem, but since the case didn’t change from 3G to 3GS, 80% of owners had cases. Now, only 20% of iPhone 4 users have Bumpers.
- Free Cases for all. Any iPhone 4 sold between launch date and Sept 30 get a free case. Could be Bumpers, but they can’t make them fast enough, so they’re going to partner with other companies to make it work. You get your choice of free cases.Apply on the Apple site next week.
- Proximity sensor issue: They’re aware of the problem, fix comes with next software update.
- Full refund of undamaged iPhone 4 within 30 days if unsatisfied, no restocking fee at all.
- Download the 4.0.1 update today to see an improvement.
So what are my thoughts? Typically, I’d ramble off some nonsense about the topic at hand, but this time, I’ve decided that I want to let the internet make its judgement and see what happens. Tune in Monday for more.